Today’s idea list is going to focus on: ways I can make $5,000 per month.
Tax liens (Mostly passsive)
- At 18% interest, I’d need to have $333,333 invested in tax liens.
- Of course tax liens generate accrued lump sums, so not suitable for living on.
High end SEO (Active)
- 2 clients at $2,500 per month would create $5,000 per month.
- The first couple of months would not see much in the way of profit.
Selling SEO links (Active)
- At $100 profit per order, I’d need to have an order flow of 50 orders per month.
- The cost of building such a network would be high.
Selling PBNs (Active)
- At $100 profit per site, I’d need to build 50 sites per month.
- This is much more doable.
Build and flip websites (Active)
- If sites sell for 20x earnings, I’d need to create sites that bring in $3,000 per month each year.
- So the sites would generate $36,000 per year, and I’d sell them for $60,000 per year.
- This is the problem with the selling sites model.
- It’s good to get a cash infusion at the beginning, but after a while it just doesn’t make sense to sell.
Buy websites (Passive)
- At the same 20x multiple, I’d have to buy $100,000 worth of sites.
- But only once.
- There are ongoing maintenance costs to consider.
Build websites (Active)
- If the average site generates $30 per month, then I’d need to build 167 sites.
- At $100 per month, I’d need to build 50.
- Of course, this is cumulative over time.
Dividend investing (Passive)
- At an average yield of 4%, I’d need to have $1,500,000 invested in dividend yielding stocks to get to $5,000 per month.
- If, instead I buy in at $800 per month and compound along the way, I’d need to buy in for 800 months (67 years) for a total investment of $480,000, reinvesting everything, to create that same capital base throwing off $5,000 per month.
- Of course, inflation would eat into these returns substantially.
Sell Semantic Keyword Architected Sites (Active)
- At $199 per site, I would have to sell 25 sites per month.
- Factor in costs of $50, and I’d have to sell 34 sites per month to clear $5,000.
Sell Incorporation Services (Active)
- At $230 profit per corporation, I’d have to sell 22 corporations per month.
Rental Houses (Mostly passive)
- I’d need to acquire 10 rental properties throwing off $500 per month cash flow.
- In free & clear properties, I’d have to control about $500,000 of real estate.